Wednesday, June 1, 2011

BURGERS FEED THE SOUL ...

An artist uses his paintings to help the hungry 
The Burger Show is proud to announce the launch of its new website and affiliation with St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance in Phoenix.
A national traveling art exhibit of burger paintings by artist, LUDVIC, called The Burger Show, offers prints and posters for sale with a portion of proceeds benefiting hunger relief. St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance is a beneficiary of proceeds for the Phoenix area.
Ludvic is well known as a food painter and recently completed his second exhibit at the James Beard House in New York City this year. He painted his first burger about five years ago and revisited the subject two years ago. There are over twenty burgers completed and the artist is painting new burgers all the time.
“I always paint what I love to eat,” says the artist when explaining why he paints burgers. Ludvic continues, “But as a painter, when I look at a hamburger I see color and texture, and I try to capture those variations. It is a very creative subject for me, and I always get excited about painting a new burger. The chefs creating these burgers find beauty in the simplest of meals. That’s what I do in my art – seek out the beauty of simplicity.
The ulimate part of this program is that I am able to give back to those in need and we are calling on all “Foodies” and Burger Lovers to help out. Food Banks have incredible pressures on them to serve more and more people. If my paintings can in any way assist in helping provide meals to the hungry, then I have exceeded any goal in my art.
St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance in Phoenix was the first to come aboard with The Burger Show. They saw the potential and liked the idea. We are proud to help them.”
New posters are currently available on the website and start as low as $10.00 with 20% of proceeds going to St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance. Limited edition prints are also available with 20% of gross proceeds benefiting hunger relief.
More Food Bank Info:  http://www.firstfoodbank.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment