Thursday, June 2, 2011
Be Coooool, Chilllll Out
• Use Ceiling Fans Optimally. Run your ceiling fan to create a cool breeze. but remember that ceiling fans cool you, not the room
• Maximize Shade by pulling curtains and shades closed before you leave your home to keep the sun’s rays from overheating your home.
• Reduce Oven Time. Use a microwave instead of an oven to cook, when you can.
• Check Air Conditioner Filters every month. If the filter looks dirty, change it.
• Plug Duct System Leaks. Seal duct work using mastic sealant or metal tape and insulate all the ducts that you can access.